BABY SHOWER

As most of you probably know (or can just tell), I LOVE party planning. It has become such a love of mine in the past year, so when one of my best friend's found out she was pregnant, I mentally (and immediately) started planning the baby shower. 



I thought of every detail (if I do say so myself), right down to these palettes which my boyfriend got for me. They were ,and still are, p e r f e c t... minus the state they came in. At a first glance, they looked stunning. Then you got a closer look... they were covered in bird poo and cobwebs and dust and just about everything else you may find in the great outdoors. I spent a good few hours, during one gloomy day in half term, scrubbing at them, hoovering them and just all in all making them look a little more presentable. 







As you can see, we used the palettes for many different things. We used them to hang our Polaroids from the day, for decoration with the balloons and for a game. I loved how the honeycomb decorations and the flower garlands looked draped over them (eBay finds). The baby shower game was my friend's idea- she melted chocolate and then put it on the nappies. We then had to guess the type of chocolate that it was.



The pom poms took a LIFETIME to make. I have used the tassel garlands before (for my 22nd birthday and last Halloween) and I knew they took time and because they're tissue paper, they break super easily. But OH MY GOODNESS... the pom poms were crazy. My plan was to make them for this baby shower, have them up, then throw them away. Then if I ever wanted them again, I could just re-purchase as they're going to take up sooo much space BUT I do not have the energy to do those again so they're either going to get thrown and I'll never re-purchase, or they're going to have to find a home.

Although, saying all that... I do really enjoy just being able to chill on the sofa, pop something on the TV and having something crafty to do. For example, making the paper chains was just so relaxing to me. The Greatest Showman was popped on the TV many-a-times whilst I did these crafty bits.

Here are some more photos from the day...



The streamers behind the table were roughly 50p per colour. My friend and I spent the morning cutting them to size then sticking them on the fence. I was just going with the flow on this one and I LOVE how they came out... I will defintiely be trying this one again.








I get a lot of my inspiration from Pinterest (find me here). I also buy the majority of the bits and pieces from eBay- sometimes it takes me a while to find the best quality at the cheapest price, but I really think it is worth it in the end. I also get quite a fair bit from Ginger Ray or Party Planet (Lincoln shop which is just fab).

Let me know if you use any of these tips/ideas!
Are you planning any parties this year?
Message me for anymore questions.

Love,

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top