RELATIONSHIP OR NOT

I am so fed up of people being "defined" by their relationship status. 



My friend and I were once having a conversation about her sister, discussing her job and how far she had come in life, then my friend said, "yeah, but she doesn't even have a boyfriend". How on Earth does that define a person? So what if she doesn't have a boyfriend? It makes absolutely NO difference to the kind of person she is. It's like people believe that to have achieved something in life we need to be in a relationship. Or that we haven't reached our goal in life until we are in a relationship.

I'm unsure who to blame in this situation. We are told by films, TV, and even people around us that being in a relationship is our main aim in life. Well I'm here to say, my aim is to be massively fucking happy. I'm not saying you shouldn't or won't be happy when you're in a relationship- some relationships can make you incredibly happy- but that people shouldn't be told that they are not allowed to be happy because they are single.

I am in a fantastic relationship with my gorgeous boyfriend and I am ridiculously happy. But that doesn't mean that I was lonely and distraught when I was single. You can find happiness by yourself or within your friends, you don't HAVE to be in a relationship to be happy or to have reached your life goals.

Please let me know your thoughts on this!

Love,

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top